14th – 17th May 2018
This workshop for 10 alumni looked at the how to start an NGO and the questions that go with that, such as:
- How to run it effectively?
- How to ensure society participation?
- How to work for the upliftment of the most discriminated.
- How to increase awareness, deal with atrocities, and human rights issues.
- Funding for the activities, to write project proposals
Five Buddhist principles helpful in running NGOs were discussed:
- Define the goal;
- Follow the principle of cause and effect;
- Compassion- solve problems of those in need;
- Impermanence – adapting to the changing world;
- Ethics – respect yourself, your team and the beneficiaries .