State Consultation on The Implementation of PoA
Date- 29 April 2023 Venue- AVR Hotel, Patna
Dalit Human Rights Defender (DHRD.net) and Bihar Legal Network Organised State Consultation Program on The Implementation Of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 and Rules 1995 at A.V.R Hotel In Patna, Bihar on 29-04-2023. The Program was Inaugurated by the Director of BLN Advocate Savita Ali, she welcomed all the guests and honoured them with a welcome speech, the program was started by paying homage to Dr.BR Ambedkar the guests. Advocate Savita Ali describes the working of the role of Bihar Legal Network, she also shows the Minority Status report of DHRD.net and HRLN. The Program started with an informal Introduction session so the session could be in a more participatory form and all guests get familiar with each other. Director Advocate Savita Ali Introduced Representatives of DHRD.net Mr. Bhanu Pratap and Vashudev Charupa.
In the Second Session of the Program, Mr. Bhanu Pratap shows various data through presentation and also shows how this report can be prepared, he also presented some the major data that how the crime rate against SC/ST has been increased since 2014 latter the presentation carried out by Mr. Vashudev Charupa he showed data by the research of state vigilance and monitoring committee functioning and possible ways of resolving such issues, he also appreciated the audience to raise up their voices. After the end of the presentation, the views from audience was taken that what possible changes can be implemented various questions were answered by Bihar Based Expert also the open discussion on the report which was moderated by Advocate Savita Ali.
Mr. Bhanu Pratap and Vashudev Charupa from DHRD.net and Advocate Savita Ali concluded the State Consultation Program by explaining the strategy of Advocacy at different levels and a Vote of Thanks Session was given by Advocate Asfar Imam.
Suggestion from the state consultation:
1. There should be an awareness camp in the Panchayat subdivision, in which they should be given information about SC/ST act
2. Need to strengthen networking and need to increase connectivity
3. Social activists, Advocates, and Educated speakers of the society should together conduct awareness programs from time to time.
4. Advocates and social activists should make every possible effort to prepare the victim mentally.
5. We all need to take a step forward together to end casteism.
6. There is a need to make men aware and motivated to stop the violence against women.
7. Advocates also need to enhance their ability to define sections of the law.
8. Police also need to be aware and sensitized.